Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Best and Worst Site Designs on the Web

- All websites found and reviewed by: James Wrona

Worst Web Site Design: Million Dollar Home Page
- http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com -

I honestly don't even know what I'm supposed to say about this site. I'm honestly afraid to click on anything on the website although the entire website is one ginormous hyperlink. What especially angers me about this site is that the creator of this has actually made one million dollars by creating the website. The website's ginormous image, which is the only thing on the website, consists of a bunch of microscopic images that don't really link to anything different and you can't read what the microscopic images are supposed to say or be of. Definitely the worst web site design that I have ever seen in my long history of using the Internet.

Best Web Site Design: Gamebattles
- http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com -

I used to be obsessed with this website because I used to play a lot of competitive video games in middle school and early high school. I always liked the way that they designed their website. The top left corner is the most important part and it has the option for new users to "log in or sign up." Obviously, they are very much aware of the importance of that spot. At the very, very bottom, you will see the copyright information so they obviously knew the lack of importance that the bottom of a web page has. I definitely must congratulate the efforts that went into creating this website because it is a very well deserving winner of my "Best Web Site Design" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment